- Continuing Professional Development
- Sharing Best Practice & Professional Development
Sharing Best Practice & Professional Development
The Learning for Life Partnership is determined to nurture and develop talent, wherever it may be, and to encourage personalised means of support. Through celebrating the individual differences of pupils, teachers and schools as a whole, we aspire to inspire leadership at every level, and ensure the entire system is the best possible version of itself.
As well as being an excellent Partnership to join, we want to be a good place to come from, by nurturing teachers who are trusted, proactive and energetic members of the wider community. Central to this is the idea that every member of staff can grow, no matter where they are at in their career journey.
We are, first and foremost, a people-led Partnership, which places a consistent focus on empowering and developing staff, tailored CPD training and the opportunity to work across schools. Through this, the Learning for Life Partnership wants to become synonymous with excellence in training, development and pedagogical expertise.
Our staff are encouraged to engage with the CPD, by both attending and also by delivering training sessions. Irrespective of age or experience, we believe that all staff have skills and knowledge that we can benefit from. External providers of training are sourced in some instances, for example, Wellbeing training delivered by Visyon.
Our offer for teachers includes:
- Annual Cross-Partnership INSET day
- Sharing of best practice through workshops
- Collaborative networks for all
- A continuous programme of professional development
What attendees to our training sessions have said:
- The training session had "lots of personal experiences that gave weight to what was shared. Lots of useful information provided and ways of sharing how to promote LGBT in school."
- "Practical, useful, lots of resources and a chance to discuss."
- "Ideas and support on how to show progression across the curriculum."
- "A very interesting, fun and worthwhile course. Resources excellent. Course leader very knowledgeable. Definitely recommend to other staff."
Early Career Teachers (ECTs) are warmly welcomed into our Partnership schools and are given a comprehensive package of support. This includes regular CPD sessions, lesson observations and one-to-one discussions with a school mentor and professional mentor. As a Trust we have selected the fully funded route this year and Best Practice Network have been delivering the Early Career Framework to our ECTs. This has included some face to face meetings with tutors, held at a local primary school.
We welcome students from local universities and support them whilst on their teaching practice. Some trainees have chosen to do all of their placements within our Partnership, and we have been able to develop strong relationships with them over three years. Other trainees prefer to have one placement within the Partnership as part of a rota of placements. A number of trainees have become ECTs in our schools because of the good relationships that have built up between them and the colleagues in our schools.
To sign up for these sessions, please contact Rachael Rivers at firstname.lastname@example.org